Friday, November 24, 2017

Fresh Pine Sprig - Stampin' Up! Pretty Pine Thinlets - Fab Friday 125

Are you all still stuffed from your huge Thanksgiving feasts?  I hope you can move enough to get to your stamps and inks and join us for the latest Fab Friday Challenge!

  Now that we have Thanksgiving officially behind us we can set our sights on the fast approaching Christmas holiday.  I certainly need to get into gear if I'm going to end up with enough Christmas cards for my lengthy list!  Our challenge this time can easily be worked into a Christmas card.  Check out these fabulous colors!  It's a fresh, fun take on the the traditional red/green Christmas color scheme.




  I went straight for my Pretty Pines thinlets to make a crisp, clean card focusing on our challenge colors.  I tried at first mixing and matching the thinlets with the coordinating stamp set, Christmas Pines but after a few tries I decided I like the look of just the die cuts on their own.


  The card base is Emerald Envy, then a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Cable Knit embossing folder.  Another layer of Emerald Envy and Whisper white is the base for the evergreen sprig and is also popped with dimensionals.  

  I cut 3 pine branches in Emerald Envy, 2 of the smaller leaves in Lemon Lime Twist and then one sprig of the small berries in Real Red Glimmer paper.  I layered them all using glue dots for adhesive and then attached them to the card front.

  The striped real red bow came from my ribbon scraps but I'm pretty sure it was from last years Holiday catalog.  It was just the right length for a little bow.  It always feels good to use up some scraps doesn't it?

  I did actually do some stamping on the inside using the Christmas Pines stamp set; a little pine branch in the corner and then then "may your Christmas sparkle with joy and happiness" sentiment.  So technically I did stamp on this card!

  I hope you'll get some inspiration for your own cards from the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples.  Please share your creations with us in the gallery; we love seeing all different ideas!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: none, Christmas Pines (used on the inside)

Ink: Real Red, Emerald Envy (on the inside)

Paper: Emerald Envy, Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red Glimmer paper

Accessories: Cable Knit embossing folder, Pretty Pines thinlets, dimensionals, glue dots, Real Red striped ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!