Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Champagne Congrats - Stampin' Up! Tree Rings

 Well my family made it through the first day of school and no one complained about doing it all over again today so I guess I can call it a success.  My mother in law asked how the boys' first day went and I told her they both made it home alive with all of their belongings still in their possession so it was a good day in my book.  Clearly I have low standards!

  With the quiet house I was even able to clean up my stamp room and finally put away all the gear I had out from stamp club last week.  I started a card but then it was time to meet Alex at the bus stop so that card is a work in progress.  Luckily I have some projects to share from before I went on vacation.  There were a few fun challenges that I made cards for the week before we headed to the beach and I even photographed them intending to blog while I was away.  Yeah, that clearly didn't happen!  The sand and ocean were just too nice to waste any time in front of the computer.  But it all works out since now I have some things to share this week since I didn't have time to stamp much last week.



  This was a card that came together quickly once I pulled out some of my new Holiday catalog goodies.  I started off with a Whisper White thick base.  Then I embossed in white the new background Tree Rings onto Sahara Sand cardstock.  Tree Rings has such a neat pattern and when it's embossed it's even better!  

  I used the Bold Butterfly framelits and the new Champagne foil paper to make a clean, crisp, shiny butterfly.  I added a tail using the Year of Cheer washi tape.  I popped the butterfly up on the cardfront with dimensionals.  

  To make the sentiment I used the Sunshine Wishes thinlets and cut 'congrats' 4 times and adhered them all together to make a nice substantial element to layer over the butterfly. 

  Finally, I pulled out some retired sequins and added a few to the card front to finish off the details.

  I really like how this one turned out with the monochromatic color scheme but with the shine from the metallic elements keeping it from being too same-y same-y.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Tree Rings

  Ink: Versamark

  Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White thick, Sahara Sand, Champagne foil*

  Accessories: white embossing powder, dimensionals, Bold Butterfly framelits, Year of Cheer washi tape*, Sunshine Wishes thinlets, retired sequins

*products available in the 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!