Thursday, August 17, 2017

Pick a Crate of Pumpkin - Stampin' Up! Pick a Pumpkin

    As much as I want to dive right into all of the Christmas goodness from my Holiday catalog I am trying to not rush the seasons.  While I can't stand the fact that stores put out seasonal items 3+ months before the actual season I am certainly not opposed to beginning to make my Christmas cards this early but I will definitely be trying to design a lot of fall cards too.  Even though it probably won't feel like fall here for at least another month, school is starting right after Labor Day so that is reason enough to get into the fall mode.

  When placing my Holiday catalog preorder I waivered a bit on whether or not to get the Pick a Pumpkin set. But in the end I decided that a fall themed set with a few pieces that could be used for Halloween would be a good idea. And it's a bundle with coordinating dies so that was appealing too.


  The card base is Very Vanilla thick and then another layer of Very Vanilla embossed with the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder.  I lightly swiped some Crumb Cake ink over the texture using a sponge to give it some depth and definition.

  Next, I use a scrap of the Wood Textures DSP and die cut just the front of the crate from the Wood Crate framelits set.  It makes for a nice little feature on a card so you don't always have to make a full crate with this die set.

  The gourds and pumpkins were stamped in a bunch of different fall colors; Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz and Cajun Craze.  After inking up the stamp I used a blender pen to remove the ink from the stem portion and then re-colored it with my Garden Green marker.  Once they were all stamped I cut them out with the Patterned Pumpkin Thinlets dies.  I even cut some cute little vines in Garden Green.

  I arranged all the fall bounty in the crate and then added a bit of linen thread I found in my scrap bin.   The sentiment is from a Holiday Catalog set called Labels to Love which has a new matching punch which I didn't use here but is a really nice shape for all kinds of cards.  I stamped the sentiment here Chocolate Chip and punched it out with a circle punch as it fit the scale of the crate better.

  The crate and all is popped on dimensionals to finish this card off.

  I'm looking forward to playing some more with the Pick a Pumpkin bundle.  Maybe some nice jack-o-lanterns next?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pick a Pumpkin*, Labels to Love*

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green (marker)

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Wood Textures DSP, Garden Green

Accessories: Patterned Pumpkins thinlets*, Wood Crate framelits, linen thread, dimensionals, circle punch

* Items will be available in the 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog available September 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!