Friday, August 11, 2017

Happiness Is..... - Stampin' Up! Coffee Cafe

  I do like my big mug of coffee every morning fixed with lots of cream and sugar just like my grandpa used to make it.  He was a carpenter and would fix a thermos full of coffee for his 'coffee break' later in the morning.  I remember he even had a special spoon he used to scoop the sugar into thermos.  Sometimes my dad would help him out with a job and we would get taken along and we would get to have a 'coffee break' too.  What a treat!  A sweet,  hot drink that we certainly didn't get at home!  If they were working around our house even the dog would get a little bit of coffee in her bowl.  She would lick lightly around the edge just getting a little taste until it cooled a bit and she could lap it up.  My husband teases me now and asks if I would like to have coffee with my sugar and cream!  I tell him it's fixed perfectly just like Gramp used to make thank you very much!

  These days I mostly have my coffee at home but every once in a while will meet a friend for a quick cup and catch up chat.  I think it would be fun to set up a coffee break date with a cute card like this one.


    They layout is on from Freshly Made Sketches from earlier this summer.  The partial circle element was a challenge to me as I had to keep searching around the house for the right size to trace...none of my dies are even close to being big enough!  I think I ended up using one of our small salad plates.  The DSP is from the Coffee Break pack and it is a great complimentary set of papers to go with the Coffee Cafe stamp set but it also has a lot of patterns that can stand on their own on non-coffee themed cards.

  The cup is stamped in Soft Suede onto Whisper White cardstock.  The lid is stamped in Garden Green.  The cuff is Pear Pizzazz cardstock with the words stamped in Garden Green.  I hand cut these shapes and put my cup together.  I'm holding off on getting the dies for this set as all of the images in the set are super easy shapes to hand cut and I haven't seen any designs that use the dies in a way that have convinced me I have to have them.  If you're not into fussy cutting then you'll want to get the bundle and save 10% for sure.

  I layered the cup over a length of retired Pool Party satin striped ribbon with a linen thread bow.  

  Hope you have a bit of whatever your happiness is today!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Coffee Cafe

Ink: Garden Green, Soft Suede

Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Coffee Break DSP

Accessories: Linen Thread, dimensionals, Pool Party striped satin ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!