Thursday, August 10, 2017

Birthday Hogs & Kisses - Stampin' Up! This Little Piggy

   I was super late getting this card made for our nephew's birthday and even later getting it off in the mail.  I like to tell myself that late birthday cards are just extending the celebrations but really it's just a giant sign of my disorganization!  I haven't even looked at birthdays for August yet!  Yikes!


   This card was the first time I inked up the Burlap background stamp.  It really gives a neat texture.  I especially like the fringe edge.

  Since this was a card for a 9 year old I kept the colors pretty boy-like with the exception of the pink pig.  The card base is Tempting Turquoise with the Burlap background stamp also in Tempting Turquoise.

  The pig from This Little Piggy was stamped on Shimmery White cardstock.  I colored the pig in with Powder Pink ink and an Aquapainter.  The grass is Lemon Lime Twist and the sky is Soft Sky.  Once it was all colored it was die cut with Stitched Shapes circle framelits.

  I stamped 3 ballons from Balloon Celebrations with black for the outlines and then filled them in with Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise and Lemon Lime Twist.  The Balloon punch made quick work out of the punching them out.  I added some white baker's twine string to each one and then popped them up with dimensionals around the pig panel.

  The final pieces are the Lemon Lime Twist 'hogs and kisses' sentiment banner and a little enamel shape star in Tempting Turquoise.

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: This Little Piggy, Balloon Celebrations, Burlap

Ink: Tempting Turquoise, black, Poswer Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Sky

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Lemon Lime Twist

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Balloon punch, white baker's twine, dimensionals, enamel shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!