Monday, June 12, 2017

Say Hi with a Rooster - Stampin' Up! Wood Words

 Chickens seem to be breaking in the stamping scene the past year or so.  Stampin' Up! has another stamp set with a chicken in it...well to be precise it's a rooster.  I grew up having chickens so believe me this is a rooster.  Wood Words is a fun stamp set with a lot of possibilities and the fact that you can get it as part of a bundle even better.  The other half of the bundle is the adorable Wood Crate framelits.  The crate is the perfect size for gift cards, small treats and 3x3 cards and the additional shapes makes it really easy to cut out the other images in the set to decorate your crate or to make cards with.

  I always try to use all 5 new In Colors at my new catalog party and for one of the projects I decided to pair up Tranquil Tide with Powder Pink for a rustic hello friend card.


 I used a Tranquil Tide base and stamped the circle along one side also in Tranquil Tide. Then I layered some of the awesome new Wood Textures DSP with a narrow strip of Powder Pink on the edge.  At my new catalog party I had a whole bunch of different patterns cut so my customers could choose the one they like best.  I saw a lot of them having a hard time deciding because all the patterns are great.

  The Stitched Shapes framelits have the perfect vibe for a rustic card.   I used a Stitched Shapes circle to go along with the polka dots in the background and stamped some Powder Pink stars across the background and then added the die cut Tranquil Tide rooster popped up.

  A little knot made with the Powder Pink 1/2" Finely Woven ribbon finishes off this sweet hello card. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wood Words

Ink: Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink, Early Espresso

Paper: Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink, Whisper White, Wood Textures DSP

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Wood Crate framelits, 1/2" Finely Woven ribbon, dimensionals 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!