Monday, June 5, 2017

Polka Dot Daisy Background - Stampin' Up! Daisy Delight

 I'm procrastinating this morning and decided that I had to share a card instead of getting started cleaning the house and setting up for my new catalog party.  It's such a fun time of year for demos and customers alike with so many new products to fall in love with.  But before I can share the fun with my customers the house must be cleaned and party food must be purchased.  There is always some boring, tedious task that has to come before the fun I guess.  Too bad it can't be fun first right?!  That sounds exactly like something my kids would say!  Shhhh....don't tell them I said that!  :)

  I was busy last week cranking out more card samples to use at my new catalog party and I saw this really fresh color combination over at Just Add Ink challenge and thought it would be fun to do a background with it.


  Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Peekaboo Peach are great together don't you think?  I started with with a Bermuda Bay card base.  Next up is a panel of Whisper White that I sponged various sizes of circles in the challenge colors.  A few years back we did a bokeh technique card in one of my classes.  I had made templates with window sheets for sponging on circles and of course kept them to use in the future. It came in handy on this card for sure!  Once I had the circles sponged on I stamped over them with the large daisy from the Daisy Delight stamp set.  The black is a great contrast to the bright colors.  I added a few strips of Basic Black cardstock to the top and bottom of the background panel as well to continue the pops of black.

  I pulled out my Layering Circles framelits and cut a larger one in Bermuda Bay and a smaller one with my sentiment stamped on it.  The sentiment is in the new set, Just Add Text and is stamped in black.  I used my markers to lightly color the swirls.  A bit of stitched satin ribbon in black goes across the card front and the sentiment circles are popped over the top.

  I guess it's back to being a responsible adult now and checking things off the 'to-do' list...Well maybe after another cup of coffee!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Daisy Delight, Just Add Text

Ink: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Peekaboo Peach, Black

Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories: Layering Circles framelits, black stitched satin ribbon (retired), dimensionals



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Amanda! Love the way you have featured the colours and bold black daisy images....Thanks for sharing at a Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I just love the brightly coloured polka dot background Amanda and how the crisp black daisies pick up different bits of colour in different petals. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card! I love how you've combined the daisies with the spotted background - fabulous way to use the challenge colours! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous Amanda! I love your sentiment circle and your background theme of circles and daisies and addition of black with the colours is so striking! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Amanda! The sponged circles make for a fun background and I love the touches of black that just pop off the card. Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!