Thursday, June 15, 2017

Neapolitan Treats - Stampin' Up! Cool Treats

  When I was little, seeing Neapolitan ice cream being served at a party was the best thing ever.  Not having to choose just one flavor of ice cream was such a relief!  I never wanted to pick one flavor and then feel like maybe I should have chosen one of the others.  Ice cream regret can haunt a childhood I tell you!  And then I didn't have to feel guilty for asking for a little of each flavor since they were all in the same carton...so easy for the adult doing the scooping!  We usually make our own ice cream these days but I haven't figured out how to get the Cuisinart ice cream maker to do 3 flavors at once.  I guess I can add that item to my life goals list!

  In the meantime I can stamp ice cream in any flavor I want!  We made this card at my May stamp club using the Cool Treats stamp set and the Frozen Treats framelits.


  Since we're talking sweets here the card base is Chocolate Chip and then the sprinkles (another one of my favorites) are stamped in Chocolate Chip in on one side of the card! Or do you call sprinkles jimmies?  A very informal poll at the class showed that my stampers all called them sprinkles though a few people had heard them called jimmies.  It must be a regional thing...leave a comment and let me know what you call them and where you're from.  We need to get to the bottom of this!

  The Tasty Treat DSP was still available when I designed the card so we used a strip of the Chocolate Chip striped pattern with a Flirty Flamingo ribbon knot.

  A Whisper White stitched oval is a nice base on which to adhere our ice cream cones.  The 2 cones on the side have the cones stamped in Crumb Cake and then the fun die cut overlay goes right on top.  These are the perfect pieces to use the fine tip glue pen with.  The ice cream scoops are die cut from Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip with a few sprinkles (jimmies!) stamped on the Chocolate Chip scoop.

  The strawberry soft serve cone is die cut in Crumb Cake and the ice cream is stamped first with Blushing Bride with the swirls added in Flirty Flamingo.  This cone is popped with dimensionals to make it stand out a bit more.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today? 

Stamps: Cool Treats

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Crumb Cake

Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Tasty Treat DSP (retired)

Accessories: Flirty Flamingo ruched ribbon (retired), dimensionals, Stitched Shapes framelits, Frozen Treats framelits


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!