Friday, June 2, 2017

Happy Piggy - Stampin' Up! This Little Piggy

  I've been so busy creating samples for my New Catalog Party next week that it's hard to decide what to share on my blog each day! I hope my stampers enjoy seeing all the ideas of how to use new stamp sets, dies and the newest set of In Colors.

  The This Little Piggy set hasn't seen too much ink since I received it at the Stampin' Up! On Stage event in April but I thought it would be cute for the current Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge.

  I kept this one pretty simple and let the sweet pig take center stage.


  The card base is Whisper White with a panel of Delightful Daisy DSP.  This pattern is in the new Tranquil Tide color and it's a fun watercolor wash look so it isn't too dark or bold for the cheerful feeling of this card.

  Next, I stamped the pig in memento black ink and used alcohol markers to color her/him in as well as the flower and grass.  I stamped a few clouds in Tranquil Tide after stamping off once.  Can you see my goof on the top cloud?  The one edge didn't stamp well and normally I would just use my marker to "fix" it but I haven't gotten the new In Color markers yet.  Oh well!  It is handmade afterall right?  

  To highlight the yellow of the flower I added a bit of the new 3/8" mini chevron ribbon in Crushed Curry.  The feel of this ribbon is nice smooth and I will be getting all the colors available for sure! 

  Finally, the whole pig panel is popped on dimensionals on the cardfront.  Now to decide who to give this card too!  I might have to make a few more so I can give one to everyone in my family!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: This Little Piggy

Ink: Memento Black, Tranquil Tide  Markers: Alcohol markers

Paper: Whisper White, Delightful Daisy DSP

Accessories: 3/8"  Crushed Curry mini chevron ribbon, dimensionals





  




3 comments:

  1. This little piggy is so happy and cute! Wonderful job coloring the piggy and that yellow ribbon is the perfect accent to the flower! Thanks for playing along with HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute piggy! I love your color combo and your take on our sketch. I would never have noticed your cloud not stamped on the corner. No two clouds are the same so it's perfect Thanks for playing at Hand stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make anyone smile! TFS
    --DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!