Thursday, June 22, 2017

21 Balloon Group Thank You - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration

  So I don't know how it happened but I now have a rising 6th grader!  Holy cow middle school in the fall!?!  We celebrated the end of the elementary school years last week with a bunch of fun activities and a "moving up" ceremony for the 5th grade class.  It was really cute seeing the kids dressed up and being celebrated as well as receiving lots of wells wishes for moving on to middle school.  How did 6 years go so fast?



  Along with all of the fun last week of school stuff we had to celebrate the teachers one more time and give them a good send off into their well deserved summer vacation.  The room mom for Ryan's class was putting together a gift for the teacher and she asked if I could make a card that all the kids could sign.  Of course I can make a card....but one large enough for 21 kids to sign?  Well I'm always up for a challenge!

  99.99% of my cards are the regular A2 size and that is certainly not big enough for 21 kids to sign.  I ended up using a full sheet of Fresh Fig cardstock folded in half for the card base.  The next issue was what to put on that big, wide open, blank cardfront!  It was quite inimidating having so much space to fill.  I think that's why I don't do any scrapbooking...it's just too much area to work with!  So I browsed my stamp sets and thought balloons would be cute and would work with several colors.  And I could easily fit 21 balloons; one for each kid!



  I used a Whisper White panel for the background for the ballons.  I used the Simply Scored to score a line all around the edge for some extra detail that didn't take away from the clean look.  The balloon strings were stamped at the bottom in black.

  The balloons are outlined in black and filled in with stamped off Tempting Turquoise, Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist.  After punching out all the balloons I played around with the layout and layering trying to get a balance of colors and dimension.  Some of the balloons are popped with dimensionals to help keep this large card from looking too flat.

  The balloon strings are tied off with a Fresh Fig 1/2" Finely Woven ribbon knot adhered with a glue dot.

  It was reported to me that the kids thought the card was cool and filled in every square inch on the inside with their messages to their teacher.  I call that a successful project! Challenge complete!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebration

Ink: black, Tempting Turquoise, Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist

Paper: Fresh Fig, Whisper White

Accessories: Balloon Bouquet punch, dimensionals, Fresh Fig Finely Woven ribbon
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!