Monday, May 15, 2017

Fresh Vintage Butterfly - Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wings

  I'm not sure if I pulled it off or not but I combined 2 challenges that seem to be on opposite ends of the style spectrum.  One one hand I've got the crisp, clean sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  My stamping buddy Jennifer Timko designed this one and it's great with tons of possibilities.  But then I decided I wanted to do the Vintage themed challenge at The Card Concept too.  I'll let you all decide on how this one came out!

  

  The card base is Basic Black and I used the dots stamp from Watercolor Wings and embossed them in clear embossing powder all over the front.  The bottom corner is punched with the corner rounder. Then I tore a strip of the retired Typeset DSP for the long panel of the card sketch.  I also stamped the butterfly on a piece of the Typeset DSP.  The base color of the butterfly is Lemon Lime Twist and then the highlights are Dapper Denim stamped off.  The body is stamped in black.

  The sentiment flag is Dapper Denim and the sentiment from Sunshine Sayings is stamped in black.

  I dug around in my retired ribbon bin and pulled out a small bit of retired Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon and a cute, little retired ribbon flower.  I pressed the flower into the Dapper Denim ink pad to give it some color.  I layered the seam binding ribbon with a bit of the new Lemon Lime Twist ribbon.  They are held together with a retired Vintage Trinkets safety pin.   A row of adhesive pearls finishes this card off.

  So I've got some fresh with the bright colors paired with the black and I've got the vintage with the DSP, torn edges and frayed ribbon.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Watercolor Wings, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Versamark, Lemon Lime Twist*, Dapper Denim, Basic Black

Paper: Basic Black, Dapper Denim, Typeset DSP (retired)

Accessories: Bold Butterfly framelits, Lemon Lime Twist ribbon*, adhesive pearls, Clear embossing powder, corner rounder, dimensionals, seam binding ribbon (retired) Vintage Trinket safety pin (retired), ribbon flower (retried)



4 comments:

  1. I think you totally rocked both challenges! Love this card, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely butterfly! I love the vivid colors on the black background. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Freestyle Collage Card. Perfect interpretation of the inspiration image. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how pretty! Love the torn edges and pretty collage of elements. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!