Friday, December 9, 2016

Classic Noel - Stampin' Up! Christmas Pines - Fab Friday 102

It's another Fab Friday challenge today!  The weeks just seem to be flying by and before we know we'll be saying Happy New Year!   But there's still time for a few more Christmas cards!

  Our challenge today really lends itself to a classic red and green Christmas card and since that is what I need right now I went with it!

  Check out these colors!



  A little stamping, a little embossing, a little sponging and this is what I came up with!


  I used Crumb Cake for the base and stamped Hardwood background in Crumb Cake on a slightly smaller layer.  After rounding the corners I sponged all around with white craft ink.  Then I went to the vault and pulled out an all time favorite Endless Christmas Wishes which is long retired but has such cute snowflakes and sentiments I haven't been able to give it up!  I stamped the smallest snowflake randomly in Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder.

  I used the Emerald Envy and Pretty Pines thinlets for some die cut greenery.  A Real Red tag was the perfect backdrop for a white embossed Noel and an itty bitty sprig of holly.  I sponged the edges also with white craft ink.  After adding some Emerald Envy ruched ribbon tied with bakers twine I popped the tag up with dimensionals.

  The final details are a few little clusters of adhesive pearls on the greenery.  I have no idea if that is accurate or not but I went with it anyway!  A botanist I am not!  Or is it arborist??

  I hope you'll check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples and then join in the fun and add your card to our gallery!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Pines, Hardwood background, Endless Christmas Wishes (retired)

Ink: Crumb Cake, Versamark, White craft

Paper: Crumb Cake, Emerald Envy, Real Red

Accessories: corner rounder, Pretty Pines thinlets, dimensionals, adhesive pearls, Tag Topper punch, Emerald Envy ruched ribbon, white baker's twine,  white embossing powder

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!