Friday, September 30, 2016

Hello Mate! - Fab Friday 97 - Stampin' Up! Foxy Friends

  I've made it through this week...not with flying colors mind you, more like spluttering, wheezing and dragging myself to the finish line!  The weather has been horribly glum and rainy and I've had an on and off again sick kiddo so it's been kind an out-of-the-ordinary week where I feel like I haven't gotten very much accomplished.

  But.....it's Friday now and a Fab Friday Challenge week to boot!  Things are looking up...maybe the sun will even show up today for some much needed vitamin D!  We are doing a sketch challenge this time around.  Check it out:


  Just think of the possibilities with those big panels!  DSP, embossing, stamping.... so many ways you can go!

  I decided that my Fox Builder punch and Foxy Friends stamp set needed a bit of love.  I have seen several examples of this cute koala bear while browsing Pinterest so I thought he would be a cute focal point for this card layout.


  All the parts of this sweet little guy are made with the Fox Builder punch except for the nose which I hand cut and the circle part of the ears which were made with the Owl Builder punch (another small circle punch would work great as well).

  The eyes and paws are stamped in black as is the Hello greeting.  The nose is covered in Crystal Effects.  Even though it's retired I still reach for it.  It gives a nice glossy look and a fun detail to this card.

  Behind the koala I stamped and cut out various leaves with the Botanical Blooms stamp set and coordinating Botanical Builder framelits.  Mint Macaron and Emerald Envy are a nice fresh pairing of green don't you think?

  Everything is adhered to a Whisper White circle backed by an Emerald Envy scalloped circle.  Both were cut with the Layering Circles framelits.  The circle is popped on dimensionals.

  The little bit of DSP that you see peeking out in the back is from the retired It's My Party DSP stack.

  I hope this little koala bear made you smile and made you want to join in the fun at the Fab Friday Challenge!  The Design Team always has loads of fun samples to get the creative juices going!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Foxy Friends, Botanical Blooms, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Black, Emerald Envy, Mint Macaron

Paper: Whisper White, Emerald Envy, Mint Macaron, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, It's My Party DSP (retired)

Accessories: Fox Builder punch, Owl Builder punch, Layering Circles framelits, Botanical Builder framelits, Crystal Effects (retired), dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how sweet! Love that little critter, perfectly designed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee! Cutest koala ever! And his MM leaves are PERFECT! So adorable, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!