Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Floral Birthday - Stampin' Up! Detail Floral Thinlets

Please tell me that I'm not the only stamper that has die cuts, colored images and embossed cardstock that just didn't make the cut on a project and now sits in a sad pile on your stamping desk?  You know those items you tried out but just didn't work with that current project but were really too good to recycle?  Well that pile on my desk has been growing so I decided that it was high time to use at least one of those items on a card.

I grabbed the die cut base for this card from 'the pile' and using the now closed ColourQ challenge colors got to work.  Cool Caribbean and Poppy Parade are retired so I substituted Pool Party and Real Red.  How pretty is that die cut detail?  I love the Detailed Floral Thinlets and am so glad I saved this card base to use at a later date!



  I used the Botanical Builder framelits to build this bold red flower.  I stamped the greeting using the Sunshine Sayings stamp set.  I used Night of Night ink on So Saffron cardstock.  I layered the the flag under the flower and did a second slightly larger flag behind it so the adhesive from the first on would seep through the floral die cut flap and end up sticking to the inside of the card.  You've got to be able to open a card up right?



 I stamped the itty bitty small flower cluster stamp from Botanical Blooms in Night of Navy on the insert and then added a Pool Party cotton ribbon bow.

So moral of the card share today is to dig into that pile card parts and use some of them to make a card!

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sunshine Sayings, Botanical Blooms

Ink: Night of Navy

Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White

Accessories: Details Floral thinlets, Botanical Builder framelits, cotton ribbon, candy dots, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!