Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Balloon Trio - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration

 It is a happy first day of school here for us in the Richmond area!  I now have a 5th grader and a 3rd grader.  I don't think I'm old enough for all of that nonsense but it appears to be true!  The boys seemed excited to start their day and we actually made it out of the house on time (small miracles right?).  Now for me it's time to get down to business and get organized after a very unstructured summer and that includes getting back to regularly blogging!

I think I made this card back in July for a challenge that has been long forgotten but you can never go wrong with balloons or paper piecing so it's all good!



I used DSP from 2 retired packs because they were the only patterns that I had in fun, bright celebration colors.  All of my current paper is a bit muted for this style so I used the Cherry on Top DSP and the It's My Party DSP.  All fun patterns that work for a smaller image like these balloons.

After stamping the balloon outlines and strings in black I stamped the balloons again on the DSP and cut them out and then layered them inside the outlines on the card front.  I added a tiny little black baker's twine bow and the sentiment.

I've added this card to my #imbringingbirthdaysback card stash as September is a very busy month on my birthday calendar!  I better get some more made quickly!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebration

Ink: Basic Black

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, It's My Party DSP (retired), Cherry on Top DSP (retired)

Accessories: black bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!