Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sweet Little Elves - Stampin' Up! Jolly Friends

  My Holiday catalog preorder has arrived!  I was able to squeeze in a bit of stamping time before dinner and the Olympic opening ceremony yesterday.  I always order way to many Christmas sets and then feel bad that I didn't give each of them enough love so I'm going to try to remedy that this year.  I will begin showing some Christmas designs now in the hopes that you can make the most of your stamps too by getting some early inspiration!

  The Jolly Friends bundle is a sweet stamp set with coordinating hat punch (which I can't wait to see what the really creative stampers make with it).  You get an elf, Santa, fox and moose and then there are mix and match hats and scarves and glasses so you can come up with any number of combinations.



  For my card I used the current CAS(e) This Sketch challenge for my layout and decided that the elf would be a good start.  I stamped 3 of them on Whisper White, colored the faces with alcohol markers.  I colored their hair with 3 different colors as well but you can't tell since most of the hair is covered by the hats.  I made sure to give the little guys nice rosy cheeks!  It's cold at the north pole!

  The hats are punched with Jolly Hat builder punch.  I used 3 different patterns from the This Christmas Specialty DSP (nice lightweight paper and you get 24 sheets!  Perfect for lots of Christmas crafting) that you can find in the annual catalog.  For the trim and little ball I used the Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper.

  The sentiment is from another new Holiday catalog set Star of Light which I am really excited to design with.  I added a few little puff balls which can be stamped and punched out and used as an element for the hat but I think could be fun design elements as well.  The final detail is the new gold bakers twine which comes in a 3 pack with Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jolly Friends, Star of Light

Ink: Black, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, This Christmas Specialty DSP

Accessories: Jolly Hat builder punch, corner rounder, gold baker's twine, alcohol markers







2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous festive take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Super cute! I need to get going on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!