Friday, May 13, 2016

Swirly Wreath - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird - Fab Friday 87

It's a Fab Friday challenge again!  We are all rockin' a fun sketch challenge this time around!  I hope my card brightens up your day a bit...I keep looking at it to brighten my own day.  It's has been rainy and gloomy here so much lately that I forget what the sun looks like!  I feel that everything is going to start going moldy!  Here's to hoping for sunshine this weekend!  If not I have my Stampin' Up! preorder to play with!

  Here's the sketch:



  I kind took some liberties with this one but that's the whole idea right?  A starting point!  And speaking of preorders I used the new Swirly Bird set to come up with this card!

 

 I centered my wreath on the left side and instead of adding another layer of cardstock for the element behind the circle I simply left it blank and embossed the 2 sides with the Woodgrain embossing folder.

  To make make the wreath I cut out 2 shapes with the new Swirly Scribbles thinlets and glued them together.  Then I stamped multiples of the 3 smallest flowers and several leaves and cut those out as well.

  I went about layering the flowers and leaves using dimensionals (well little bits of them!) to give some height.



  The sentiment banner was stamped with Thoughtful Banners stamp set and tucked under the edge of the wreath.

  The wreath is hung up with some of the awesome new Ruched Ribbon.  I used Emerald Envy to go with the leaves and added a quick fork bow. 

  The final touch are the smallest rhinestones added to 3 of the flowers.

  My colors are inspired by the current ColourQ challenge but I added in the Emerald Envy.

  I can't wait to see your card using the Fab Friday sketch! Head over to the challenge site to see the rest of the Design Team samples!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Thoughtful Banners

Ink: Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach, Crumb Cake, Emerald Envy, black

Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake

Accessories: Swirly Scribbles thinlets, Woodgrain e.f., dimensionals, rhinestones, corner rounder, Ruched Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Great take on the sketch, love the colors and the design. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the sketch being a starting point, Amanda, creative liberty makes us interesting!
    I just love your take on the sketch, your card is beautiful! The great wreath and flowers pop in those colors against the white space. You definitely did add sunshine to my day. :) Pretty new products too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!