Friday, May 6, 2016

Special Day Blooms - Stampin Up! Garden in Bloom

  Sometimes I buy a pack of DSP with grand plans for a lot of cards and then I just can't bring myself to cut into it and actually use it!  Sometimes the patterns are too pretty and I want to be sure to have just the right project to use it on.  Other times I want to save it for a card design for a class but then I don't want to use too much for my samples and then not have enough for class.  And then there are patterns that I like but I'm just not sure how I want to use them on a card.  Whatever the reason I always end up with sheets from a whole DSP pack that never get cut and used and then the catalog comes to an end and I'm kicking myself for not use these great designs!

  Ahhhh, that's the case with the English Garden DSP!  It's almost retired and I'm just now getting around to using this lovely blue flowered pattern!  What was I thinking waiting so long?


  I made this mailable design for a sweet friend's birthday.  Once I committed to cutting this DSP I went ahead and used the colors for my inspiration for stamping the blossom from Garden in Bloom.  The outline is Soft Suede and the petals are filled in with Marina Mist stamped off once.  Hello Honey fills in the center and then I fussy cut the flower so I could pop it up on the corner of the sentiment panel.

  The sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede as well and the layers are cut with the super useful Tags & Labels framelits.

  A few lengths of linen thread bring all the elements together.

  I hope to have some samples from the new catalog to share next week.  My preorder came yesterday afternoon and I haven't even had a chance to look at my catalog that was included!  It's killing me but I'm determined to get my to do list taken care of and then I can truly enjoy the new catalog and my preorder items!  Good motivation or torture...I can't decide!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Garden in Bloom

Ink: Soft Suede, Marina Mist

Paper: Whisper White thick, Garden in Bloom DSP, Soft Suede

Accessories: linen thread, Tags & Labels framelits, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really like this; I haven't taken much notice of that DSP. I'm new to Stampin' Up! and my first paper I received was the Pretty Petals pad and I looked at it and thought, oh my goodness that is too pretty to cut up. So I had it for a few weeks before I did anything with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!