Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Black & Gold Classic - Stampin' Up! Blended Bloom

  Last Tuesday I had stamp club and wanted to highlight a few last stamp sets and other products that were retiring.  The Blended Bloom single stamp was one that I chose to use and I paired it up with the retiring Typeset Specialty Paper.

  I told all of my stampers to do as I say and not as I do when it comes to Designer Series Papers.  I have a tendency to not want to use so I will have enough to use for classes but if I don't use it when I'm stamping then I tend not to come up with designs to use in class so the paper sits unused and then it retires before I've shown it off!  It's a terrible cycle and I'm bound and determined to to do better with papers from the new catalog (available to order from tomorrow!!!).



  For class we used 3 (well really 6 if you count the backside pattern) sheets and mixed and matched them to created this blocked background.  



  I think the black and vanilla and gold combo is such a classic look.  We added a bit of sparkle by using a Black Glimmer paper behind the flower panel.  We colored the center of the flower with the Gold Wink of Stella.

  Adding a bit more gold behind the flower with the Printed Gold vellum paper and then a strip of gold sequin trim.

   Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Blended Bloom

Ink: Black

Paper: Basic Black, Typeset Specialty DSP, Black Glimmer paper, Very Vanilla, Printed Gold vellum

Accessories: Gold Wink of Stella, gold sequin trim, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!