Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Simple Sympathy - Stampin' Up! Rose Wonder

  You never want to have to send sympathy cards but they are necessary sometimes.  The challenge this week over at Just Add Ink is to make a sympathy card to have in your stash.  Unfortunately I needed this one right away to send out so I'll be making more.


 
I didn't use the Sale-a-Bration Wildflower Fields DSP nearly enough during SAB but I really like this leaf/vine print.

  I kept it simple and layered another of Wildflower Fields patterns cut to a flagged end.  My ribbon scraps had this retired satin piece of Whisper White which I also cut into a flagged end.

  I used the frame and sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set and cut it out with the coordinating Rose Garden thinlets.

  The Bitty Butterfly punch adds a nice little touch with a small pearl in each center.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rose Wonder

Ink: Old Olive, Blackberry Bliss

Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Wildflower Fields DSP

Accessories: Rose Garden framelits, Bitty Butterfly punch, satin ribbon (retired), pearls, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I love this peaceful colour combo and the lovely DSP you've used. Thanks for entering your card at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the DSP so effectively Amanda and adding the butterflies is such a great way to pull attention to the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background paper is so pretty but also well suited to a sympathy card. I love your design and colour combo too, especially the use of the ribbon. So very glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!