Friday, November 13, 2015

More Fall Leaves - Stampin' Up! Leaflet Framelits - Fab Friday 77

  There is not much more time left to make fall cards!  The leaves are dropping like crazy here in Central VA and I imagine they are mostly gone the more north you go.  And I heard something about snow in other parts of the country??!!  I like snow and winter but let's not rush things too much.

  To help you out with a few more autumn cards before it's too late the Fab Friday Challenge has a wonderful color challenge this time around.  And I'm looking forward to seeing what cards are made with these colors that aren't fallish.  It was all I could see when I made my card so I'm hoping to get more inspiration!



  Here is my no doubt about it fall card:


   I cut out the leaf shapes with the Leaflets framelits using the Kraft cardstock, rounded the corners and then stamped the Hardwood background in Crumb Cake ink.  The background is very light as I stamped it off once.  I like how it gives a nice faded look.  The edges are also sponged in Crumb Cake.

 To make the leaf colors I simply brushed them onto small scraps of watercolor paper and dried it with my heat gun.

  Once I attached the watercolor paper behind the leaf openings I carefully stamped the coordinating leaf image inside.  The photopolymer stamps make it easy to line up.  I also stamped off once for each stamp so they ended up not full crisp images just like the background.

  The sentiment from Good Greetings is stamped in Blackberry Bliss and punched with the Decorative Label punch.  Linen thread, a scrap of Very Vanilla seam binding and gold baker's twine finish off the sentiment.  I added some gold sequins around the leaves to tie in the twine and add some sparkle.

 I hope you'll check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team cards and play along with your own creation!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Vintage Leaves, Hardwood, Good Greetings (retired hostess set)

Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Crumb Cake

Paper: Very Vanilla, watercolor paper, Kraft cardstock

Accessories: linen thread, gold baker's twine, Decorative Label punch, Leaflet framelits, sequins, corner rounder, Very Vanilla seam binding (retired)



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Amanda. I love the light touch you used on the wood grain background and the dimension from the sponged edges. Your leaves are amazing, they almost look metallic - Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!