Friday, November 20, 2015

Leaf Collage - Stampin' Up Vintage Leaves

  The maple trees in my front yard are finally changing and they look gorgeous! Nice bright reddish orange.  And since the sun is finally shinning after a few cloudy days they look even better.


  Since our fall days are almost gone I'm trying to share the last few seasonal cards I have in my files.  I made this card a while back and it fits in with my maple theme today!


  I didn't use quite as much red on my card as my real maple leaves but it's not too far off.  I cut a maple leaf out with the Leaflet Framelits and used the negative as a stencil and sponged the leaf in Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and a tiny bit of Cherry Cobble on the edges.

  Next I stamped the smaller leaves right over the top in Tip Top Taupe ink.

  The sentiment is small and simple to keep the focus on the leaves.  A bit of lace trim, thick vanilla baker's twine and a pearl finish this card off.  

  I have created quite a few fall cards lately and on my agenda for today is to get a bunch written out and mailed to family and friends who we won't be seeing next week for Thanksgiving.  Even though they'll get a card in a few weeks for Christmas I want to let them know how thankful we are to know them.  

  Don't let your cards sit in a box waiting for the perfect time to send them.  Get them addressed and mailed out today!  No excuses!

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Vintage Leaves, And Many More

Ink: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Tip Top Taupe

Paper: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Tip Top Taupe

Accessories: Leaflets Framelits, Lace trim, baker's twine, pearl, dimensionals



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!