Friday, November 27, 2015

Cardinal & Gray Christmas - Fab Friday 78

  Welcome to another Fab Friday challenge!  I hope you had your fill of good food and time with friends and family yesterday!  Maybe you have the day off of work and can sit down and stamp with our challenge today!

 Check out this sketch:


  Since I need to get going on my Christmas cards I went with the sketch as shown but I'm curious to see what other shapes you are going to use on your card that aren't tree shapes. And maybe not even a Christmas theme.


  I saw this picture of bedding from The Company Store and thought, "Hey I have a tree stamp like that!  And those colors are cool together!"  And I think I also like this color combination because they are my college's colors: Cardinal & Gray.  I'm always partial to grays and deep reds together.


    It was fun creating the background panel.  I stamped the Hardwood background in Smoky Slate and then layered on the stars using the Stars decorative mask and sponge daubers.  Some stars are sponged in Smoky Slate ink and others in Whisper White Craft ink.  Then I cut a quick stencil using the smallest of the Stars framelits and sponged a few larger hearts in silver ink.  The silver stars are very subtle but when they catch the light just right add a nice bit of shine.



  The banner is retired Cherry Cobbler linen ribbon from a few years back of which I'm trying to use up the excess that I bought so I think I may make a few more of this design.

  One tree is stamped in Smoky Slate onto Shimmery White cardstock and punched with the Tree punch.   The second tree is also punched from Shimmer White but then run through the Big Shot using the Softly Falling embossing folder.

  I layered some silver thread behind the trees for some more subtle sparkle.  The sentiment is from the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set.  I embossed it in white onto Smoky Slate cardstock and then punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch.  It is layered on top of a slightly larger circle cut with the Circles framelits.  The Glimmer paper is the retired silver color but the current silver or Dazzling Diamonds colors would be great as well.


  The star on top of the white tree is also punched from the same retired silver Glimmer paper.  You can see in this photo how all the elements are layered.  Some are popped up with more than one layer of dimensional.


 I hope you'll be able to play along with our challenge at Fab Friday.  Remember you have 2 weeks!

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Festival of Trees, Hardwood background, Holly Jolly Greetings

Ink: Smoky Slate, Whisper White craft, Versamark

Paper: Smoky Slate, Shimmery White, Silver Glimmer paper (retired style)

Accessories: Hearts & Stars decorative masks, linen ribbon, circle punch, star punch, Softly Falling e.f., white embossing powder, circles framelits, stars framelits, silver thread, dimensionals, Tree punch


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Terrific card Amanda! The red and gray are so stunning together and I love that you used the wood background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!