Friday, August 7, 2015

Lucky Stars - Stampin' Up! Schoolhouse DSP


  It's Fab Friday time again! It's a nice sketch right?  I think it is too but it was giving me fits.  Everything that I tried looked OK until I put that middle ribbon/strip on my card.  It just chopped it up too much.


  
  This card took a long time and many, many ideas to get to this point!  I used stamping with balloons, flowers, splotches, different colors, different techniques and none of those things was getting me a card that I liked for this round of Fab Friday!  Yikes!  What's a stamper to do?  I cleaned up my whole stamping desk and put everything away and started fresh (it was piled about a foot high!).  I pulled different colors and put aside the stamps all together!

Look Ma!  No stamping!


 I narrowed my focus to the theme I wanted to make, Good Luck.  I needed a card to go with a gift to our neighbor/petsitter/babysitter who is leaving for her freshman year of college soon.  I didn't have an appropriate sentiment so I used the Little Letters thinlets and Pacific Point cardstock and built my card up from there.

  The DSP is the new Schoolhouse DSP and it was the first time I cut into any of it!  I liked the blues with the silver.  The university colors are blue and silver so I thought if worked.

  I punched some stars from the retired style of Silver Glimmer paper as well as a larger framelit star in Pacific point.  I added a bit of ribbon to jazz up the center.

  I'm still not completely sold on this card but my deadline was fast approaching so I needed to get it done.  As soon as I see the rest of the Design Team samples I'm sure I'll come up with 18 different ways to do this sketch!  

  I hope you have better luck with this one than me!  Head over to Fab Friday to see more ideas and play along!

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: None

Ink: None

Paper: Whisper White (thick), Pacific Point, Schoolhouse DSP, Silver glimmer (retired style)

Accessories: corner rounder, star punch (retired), Stars framelits, silver ribbon, Crushed Curry ribbon (2015 Sale-a-bration), dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!