Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Stampin' Up! Zoo Babies Gift Set

  My sister in law is expecting their second child, a little girl and a month ago we went to a baby shower for her.  I wanted to make a set of thank you cards for her to use after the baby is born to go along with the gift so I got busy with my Zoo Babies set.


 The elephant is embossed in white onto Crisp Cantaloupe with a little heart punched with the Owl punch.  The white twine is one of the 3 in the Painted Blooms twine pack in the Occasions catalog.

  Here is the box I made to hold the set of 6 cards.  I used the envelope punch board.  Super easy!


  I used some Core'dinations 12x12 Crumb Cake cardstock from my stash and tied it closed with Crisp Cantaloupe thick Baker's Twine.  I could fit 6 cards and envelopes in the little pouch.

  Here is the coordinating card that I made to go with the gift.  Just the contrasting color combo.


  I'll be sad to see Crisp Cantaloupe go away.  I was slow to warm up to it but I liked the peachy pink tone and it's a nice alternate to a straight up pink.

  My Stampin' Up! new catalog preorder is on its way to me as we speak!  I'm very excited to get my hands on a hard copy of the catalog.  A PDF just doesn't cut it for me!  But don't forget you can still order retiring and Occasions Catalog products until June 2.  Lots of great deals on retiring items so check them out at my online store (link in sidebar).

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zoo Babies

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Crumb Cake, Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring), Core'dinations Crumb Cake (retired)

Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe Baker's twine (retiring), thick cotton twine, owl punch, white embossing powder, corner rounder, envelope punch board



2 comments:

  1. How exciting to have a new baby coming to the family! Your card and box are just darling, and I'm pretty sure she liked yours best!!! Hope you are doing well, Amanda - miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea of Thank yous with your gift! Thanks for a good idea! I think I would want more info on the holder can you help? Also, I got warmed up to crisp cantaloupe as I was using it up from my stash and now I really do miss that one! Alas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!