Saturday, March 7, 2015

Fabulous Bokeh

  Or should I title this post "Bandwagon Bokeh"??  Bokeh is every where lately and after my stamping ladies saw this card I made a month ago they wanted to give it a try at our monthly class.  So we did it a few weeks ago.  It's fun technique and gives a neat look for a background.

  I designed this card to focus on the Bokeh technique so the rest of the elements are simple.


  Apologies for the quality of the photo...all these dark rainy and snowy days don't make for good photography conditions!  And I took the photo after the class and I think my sample was a little worse for wear with some smears and such! 
  
  The card base is Wisteria Wonder.  Then using a sheet of Whisper White cut just 1/4" smaller we sponged on Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Wisteria Wonder ink.  I used a circular rubbing motion to blend the different colors together but there isn't a wrong way with this; just get the ink on the cardstock.  

  I made a stencil with a window sheet and the 3 smallest circle framelits.  I just placed the framelits randomly onto the window sheet and ran it through the Big Shot several times to fill the window sheet with circles.   Placing the stencil over the sponged background I used Whisper White craft ink and sponged circles.  I moved the stencil once or twice to fill in spaces and slightly overlap some of the circles.  The background is complete!

  The twine is Coastal Cabana and is wrapped around the card front with a bow attached with a glue dot.  The Chalk Talk framelits were used to cut a tag out of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.  The sentiment from Work of Art was stamped in Wisteria Wonder ink onto the same color cardstock and punched out.  The circle is adhered to the Glimmer paper with dimensionals and the whole tag is attached to the card front with more dimensionals.

  A few rhinestones finish off this fun technique card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Work of Art

Ink: Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White craft

Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper

Accessories: Coastal Cabana twine, Chalk Talk Framelits, dimensionals, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!