Thursday, March 5, 2015

Butterflies in Flight

  It must be the new "normal" to have a snow day on Thursday because we are at it again here in Richmond.  We haven't seen a flake of snow yet and probably won't for several hours so it's really a rain day at this point!

  I've been trying to get through my to do list all week and things just keep piling up so blogging has taken a backseat and if I'm honest so has stamping.  I'm thinking I should get my priorities straight and put stamping on the to do list right at the top!

  Here is a card I made a few weeks ago in anticipation of spring....still anticipating!


  The base is Sahara Sand, then a layer of Very Vanilla and another panel of Sahara Sand on top.  The top panel is stamped with the mini background stamp from Postage Due.  I say mini because it's a large stamp but it's not as big as our regular background stamps.  I used Whisper White craft ink for a soft look.

  I stamped a Very Vanilla banner with a retired sentiment Sweet Essentials in Blackberry Bliss ink.  I used a scrap of linen thread and a scrap of retired SAB satin ribbon for the end and then popped it up with dimensionals.

  Next the butterflies are punched out of Pool Party, Blackberry Bliss and Perfect Plum cardstock.  I adhered them with a glue dot and then folded the wings up slightly for dimension.  I added a small pearl to the centers.

  I'll be back tomorrow with the new Fab Friday challenge and hopefully there will be snow on the ground to make this "snow day" worthwhile! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Postage Due, Sweet Essentials (retired)

Ink: Whisper White craft, Blackberry Bliss

Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party, Perfect Plum

Accessories: Bitty Butterfly punch, pearls, linen thread, satin Pool Party ribbon (retired SAB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!