Friday, February 6, 2015

When in Doubt, Add Black! - Fab Friday 57

  The Design Team at Fab Friday is so excited to be back sharing with you!  We took a bit of a break over the holidays and start of the year but now we're back with some fun new challenges to get your creative mojo going!  We're also welcoming a new team member, Heather Heroldt!  Check out her blog here to see more of her creations!

  We have a color challenge to start off 2015.  And if you haven't quite gotten your Valentine's Day cards finished these colors might spark some ideas for you.



  Calypso Coral, Real Red and Crisp Cantaloupe are what we're working with this time!  I must admit that these colors stumped me a bit so I fell back on what I tend to do if a color combo is too bright for my usual tastes; I added a healthy dose of a neutral, in this case black!

 

The black and vanilla really make the colors pop.  I also kept the layout clean and simple as I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off lots of extras on this card.  And since it would most likely be going to one of my guys I couldn't make it too frou frou!

  The base is Very Vanilla and then a layer of Typeset DSP with the corners's rounded.  Next I tagged a strip of watercolor paper with the Angled Tag Topper punch and the ran it through the Big Shot with the Alphabet Press embossing folder (also rounded the corners here).  

  Since the colors said to me "Valentine" all the way I wanted a love sentiment and went for the one from Geometrical.  It's watercolor paper and the sentiment is done with black embossing powder.  

The hearts are from the Work of Art stamp set.  I almost forgot this set had a heart!  I stamped each of the challenge colors and then cut the hearts out.  

  The banner, hearts and tag itself are all popped up with dimensionals.  The final piece of this puzzle is the Crisp Cantaloupe thick baker's twine.

  I do hope you'll check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples.  They always rock it for sure!  And of course, we hope you play along with us and upload your card to the gallery!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Work of Art, Geometrical

Ink: Real Red, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla, Typeset DSP, watercolor paper

Accessories: Angled Tag Topper punch, baker's twine, Alphabet Press e.f., dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card Amanda. Love the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I agree - the pops of color with the black are a perfect combination.
    Love your rounded edges and the textured tag is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!