Monday, August 4, 2014

Masculine Color Block

 Today's card is one that I made after being inspired by some samples in an issue of our demonstrator magazine Stampin' Success.  They were showing the new In Colors and using the color blocking technique and I wanted to give it a try and make a card for my husband.


 I am loving this color combination, Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey.  It makes great guy cards and is still fun and fresh.  The Moonlight DSP pack makes it really easy as well since many of the patterns use these colors together.

  I used the 'I love you' from the Label Card thinlet set and cut out a section of the Lost Lagoon panel.  Then I cut 'I love you' again this time using the Moonlight DSP and filled in the Lost Lagoon with the patterned piece.  The arrows are also from the Label Card thinlet.

  The star from the Epic Alphabet set was so easy to line up and stamp across the whole Hello Honey panel.  I'm really getting on board with these photopolymer sets.  They are so easy to line up with out using a stamp-a-ma-jig.  And you can't beat the prices!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hardwood, Gorgeous Grunge, Epic Alphabet

Ink: Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Moonlight DSP, silver glimmer paper (old style)

Accessories:  Label Card thinlet, 3/8" satin stitched ribbon, button, white baker's twine, banner punch, star punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!