Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bold Endless Birthday Wishes

 I was playing around with my Endless Birthday Wishes to begin designing some cards for my mini stamp-a-stack class at the end of the month and saw this sketch from the super talented ladies over at the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  I thought I would give it a whirl....not sure if it's going to make the final cut for one of the designs but it was fun to make!

  Here's the sketch:


  Here's what I did with the sketch:


 The base is Bermuda Bay and then a piece of the new Typeset DSP.  I thought the numbers pattern was appropriate for a birthday card!  I added a tiny strip of silver Glimmer paper (the old silver) along the right edge just to bring some bling to the card.

  The cake was stamped in Memento ink onto Very Vanilla and colored in with the Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight assortments of Blendabilities.  I'm still working on my coloring skills....it would probably be going better if I did it more often!  

  Using the square Framelits I cut out a window in a piece of Black cardstock offsetting it to stick with the sketch.  I popped the frame up with dimensionals over the cake panel to make kind of a flipped polaroid.

  I embossed the "happy birthday" with black embossing powder onto a narrow strip of Bermuda Bay and then stamped the "have a" in black on Crushed Curry cardstock and hand cut the little flag.

  The final details are some Dazzling Details on the candle flames and a bit of silver ribbon tied around the edge of the frame and a candy dot on the sentiment.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes

Ink: Memento Black, Versamark  Blendabilities: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Bermuda Bay, Typeset DSP, Silver Glimmer (retired style), Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry

Accessories: Square Framelits, black e.p., Dazzling Details, candy dot, dimensionals, silver ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the fun, bright colors against the black. And I love the number paper for a birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. The colors are perfect, the banner and the frame for the cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!