Friday, July 4, 2014

Fabulous 4th - Fab Friday 45

 Happy 4th of July!!  We have a new challenge over at Fab Friday to celebrate the long holiday weekend!  It's a sketch this time around!


  I went with a nice patriotic theme since I couldn't resist trying my hand at one of those cool flags made with the Work of Art stamp set.  I threw all kinds of Red, White & Blue into this card!


  The flag was stamped with Work of Art in Night of Navy and Real Red ink.  I added a few punched Glimmer Paper stars.  I still have quite a bit of the retired color of silver Glimmer paper so that's what I went with for this card but the new darker silver would look awesome as well.  I added a strip of the Maritime DSP to the left side...I love this sea chart/map pattern and it went perfectly with my star theme.


  I cut a large star with the Stars framelits and then some red, white & blue letters with the Little Letters thinlets.  I cut two S's one in Whisper White and one in Night of Navy.  I backed the Whisper White one with the blue one so it would have a bit more definition against silver Glimmer paper star.  I popped the whole star up on dimensionals and called it a day!

  I hope you are enjoying your 4th of July with friends and family!

  Please check out the rest of the Fab Friday design team creations for this challenge and then join in with your own card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

 Stamps: Work of Art

Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy

Paper: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Maritime DSP, Silver Glimmer paper (retired color)

Accessories: star punch, Stars Framelits, Little Letters Thinlets, dimensionals, corner rounder

3 comments:

  1. I love your card! The Work of Art is my fav set and I have yet to really use it! Great job combining all of the elements! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool flag...I had to look twice...I can see now it was made with works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, Amanda!! You are right, great minds do think alike!! :) Love your glimmer stars!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!