Friday, May 23, 2014

Under the Sea - Fab Friday 42

  I don't know how 2 weeks can fly by so quickly but here we are again at another Fab Friday Challenge!  It's crazy how fast the last month has gone.  Ryan comes home every day from school letting me know how many days are left....14!!!  Why do I feel like I haven't accomplished anything at all this past school year?  I had so many grand plans to get my house in order and complete some large projects....please don't ask to see how many items have been crossed off that to-do list!

  But for now at least I can show you my Fab Friday accomplishment!  Here is our color challenge this time!  Crisp Cantaloupe, Summer Starfruit, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party


 These are some great colors to use to start your summer projects and maybe one last project to wish Summer Starfruit farewell!  I still have most of a pack of paper left so I should be good if Summer Starfruit shows up in any stamping challenges over the next few year!  =)

  I need to send out a few thank you cards so I decided to use Sea Street, one of the demonstrator preorder stamps from the upcoming new catalog to get going on those cards.  I hope everyone isn't too tired of this set yet!  I've barely gotten started with this one.  I can see some great boy cards in its future at least at my house!


  My first step was to emboss the adorable little school of fish across the Pool Party panel using Whisper White embossing powder.  Then I used some of the Summer Starfruit thick baker's twine left from Sale-a-bration (but which will be making an appearance in the new catalog!  Yay!) to make a cute little sailor's knot.  I used this super easy tutorial I saw a bit ago.  Thank you Barbara!

  I stamped the octopus in Crisp Cantaloupe (even though for some reason in the picture it looks like Calypso Coral!) and cut it out with a Circle framelit.  For the sentiment from Lots of Thanks it was also embossed in white on Coastal Cabana cardstock.  Both circles are popped on dimensionals.

  Are you in or out??  Head over to Fab Friday, check out the rest of the samples and then jump right in!  You know you have cards you need to make and send out...might as well make one a Fab Friday card!  =)

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sea Street, Lots of Thanks

Ink: Versamark, Crisp Cantaloupe

Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party

Accessories: Circle framelits, white embossing powder, thick baker's twine, corner rounder

 

2 comments:

  1. Found this on Pinterest of course, such an adorable set! one for the kids and adults alike it just makes me smile! Nicely done and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card!! Love the sailor's knot!! That octopus is so cute!! I'm trying to resist this set!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!