Friday, April 25, 2014

Administrative Assistants Week - Fab Friday 40

 It's another Friday...time to celebrate with us at Fab Friday!!  We have a color challenge this time around.  Check it out:


Now don't do what I did...I used Basic Gray instead of Smoky Slate!  Call the challenge police!  Maybe that's why I had a hard time getting the Basic Gray to work in my design!??  Next time I'll be sure to double check my colors before adhering everything!


I made this card at the request of my husband.  He wanted to give his administrative assistant a special card along with a gift for Administrative Assistants Week.  I tried to make it special for her and hope she likes it.

 Since Betsy's Blossom's is on the retirement list I wanted to give it a little more love before it's gone for good.  The bird is heat embossing using Early Espresso embossing powder.  I did the bird twice, once on Whisper White and then again on Crisp Cantaloupe using just the Crisp Cantaloupe wings to layer on the other bird with dimensionals.

I prettied it up using a healthy sprinkling of rhinestones, ruffled stretch ribbon and a twine bow.

For my layout I used the current challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches as well.  So many things to do with that center panel!

 I hope you'll play along with us at Fab Friday.  Check out what the rest of the Design Team came up with and add your creation to the gallery!

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms (retiring June1)

Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Versamark

Paper:  Early Espresso, Basic Gray (should be Smokey Slate for the challenge!), Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP (retired SAB)

Accessories: Early Espresso e.p., Circles Framelits, rhinestones, Summer Starfruit twine (retired SAB), ruffled stretch trim, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!