Monday, January 27, 2014

Retro Birthday

  The month of February will be here before I know it and we have a lot of family birthdays so I'm trying to stock up on some birthday cards so I have enough for the whole month.  I think I counted 6 or 7 so I need to be on my game!

  I used the Freshly Made Sketches challenge to get me started with this card.  I liked the big banner behind the top layer; so many different things you can do with a banner.  For this one I just played it straight and did some embossing.  I think the new Arrows embossing folder is my new favorite!



  I pulled my colors right from the Retro Fresh DSP in the Occasions catalog.  I think this will be one of the guy cards I need so I kept the frills to a minimum and just did some paper piercing around the oval and added a smaller banner punched with the Sale-a-Bration punch.  A retired Tangerine Tango button threaded with linen thread is the final touch.   The oval panel is popped up on dimensionals because I just can't say no to those little foam dots!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bring on the Cake

Ink: Baked Brown Sugar

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla, Retro Fresh DSP

Accessories: Oval Framelits, Arrows e.f., banner punch, button, linen thread, oval piercing guide


3 comments:

  1. This is a great guy card! Such a manly hand! :) I love your layering on this, and the colors and arrow patterns work great for a guy card. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Amanda. The Arrows EF looks fabulous behind your oval element. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful man card! Great job, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!