Friday, October 18, 2013

Simple Tree - Fab Friday 29

  And we're back again for another great challenge at Fab Friday!  Make some time in your weekend schedule and play along with us!  It a sketch this time around.


  So many possibilities!  Since I went for completely obvious on the last challenge with the Halloween colors I changed up some of the shapes this time but I hope you can still see the bones of the sketch in my card.


 I decided to go with a simple punched Christmas tree presented on an oval backdrop.  I've got some rustic/vintage type touches as well as some modern bling-y ones too…Hopefully they don't compete but compliment each other!

  The card base is Sahara Sand, then a layer of Soft Sky embossed with the Chevron embossing folder. I've detailed this panel with some vintage trinket brads with rhinestones added to the centers.

  The ovals are cut with the oval framelits.  The smaller one is cut from one of the Sweater Weather DSP patterns (see not just for fall cards!) and I stamped some Serene Snowflakes on it in Sahara Sand.  I used the chalk marker to do some faux stitching around the outside of the larger oval.

  The tree is punched with the Pennant punch out of Epic Day DSP and popped up with a dimensional.  The base is stamped in Sahara Sand, cut out and sponged with Soft Suede.

  I stamped the "merry" from Pennant Parade right onto the natural trim with Soft Suede ink.  I was surprised that the trim took the ink so well since it's fairly textured.  I will definitely be doing that again in the future!  To finish off that horizontal detail from the sketch I punched out some silver Glimmer paper stars and adhered them across the top of the trim.  Not that I don't love chevrons and all but I liked the stars for a Christmas card!


  I hope you'll head over to Fab Friday to see the rest of the design team's awesome projects!  They are Fab!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Pennant Parade

Ink: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede

Paper: Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Sweater Weather DSP, Epic Day DSP, Whisper White

Accessories: vintage trinkets, rhinestones, chevron e.f., oval framelits, pennant punch, star punch, natural trim, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!