Friday, May 17, 2013

Hey There! Baltimore Regional Swap

TGIF!  I hope you all have lots of fun plans for the weekend!  We have a few things planned to keep us busy.

  Today I'm sharing a card I made as a swap at the Stampin' Up! Baltimore regional in April.  It's really fun to swap different cards with other demonstrators at theses events.  It's a great way to see samples using sets you don't own and to get layout and color ideas.  The Baltimore Regional came at a hard time in the Stampin' Up! catalog year as the retirement list wasn't out yet but they did tell us about the Color Refresh.  You always want to use products that are current but at the end of the big catalog it's hard to know what will be staying!

  I tried to play it safe and used the newer Designer Typeset Photopolymer set along with colors that I knew were sticking around.


  I think this color combination was from a challenge back in April but I have no idea which one now!  If it looks familiar just let me know and I'll update my post.

  The photopolymer sets are pretty cool in that they are totally clear (different from the clear mount rubber stamps).  It's super easy to see exactly where you are stamping.  I arranged the letters on my clear block and then tested on scrap paper and just adjusted if necessary.  I didn't use the Stamp-a-ma-jig at all and I think it came out pretty straight.  Also the photopolymer stamps can bend.  Check out my 2 arrows….they are actually straight but I bent the stamp a bit on the clear block to get a curved arrow.  Neat huh?

  For the background letters I just lined up all the alphabet and number stamps on my large clear block and stamped it several times.

*****Local ladies:  If you want to come to stamp club on Tuesday the 21st (9:30am or 7:00pm) please let me know by tonight so I can start to prepare the project supplies*****

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Designer Typeset Photopolymer

Ink: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede

Paper: Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, Whisper White

Accessories: button, baker's twine


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful use of the speech bubbles! And I love your alpha background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!