Sunday, March 3, 2013

Summer Seahorse

  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  It was a relaxing one for our family as we didn't have many plans other than having friends over for dinner on Saturday night.  We made ribs and mac and cheese.  Yummy!  Good food tastes even better when you get to share it with friends.  And the brownies sundaes for dessert weren't too shabby either!

  This card was one my stamping ladies made at my stamp-a-stack last week.  I didn't have a good summer beachy stamp set so when I saw By the Tide in the spring catalog it made its way onto my pre-order (great perk of being a demo!) very quickly!

  The color combination was not one that I would have done if not for seeing it some place else.  I saw it on Pinterest while I was poking around looking for something else entirely.  Turns out it was a card made by a fellow design team member over at Fab Friday, Amy O'Neill!  Small world huh?  She makes beautiful cards and she has a winner in this card.  I liked these colors so much I used the same ones when designing for my stamp-a-stack and this is what I came up with…


 A Pool Party base with the coral stamped in Pool Party ink and then Crumb Cake ink spritzed with the color spritzer tool all over the base.  There are score lines on either side of the Calypso Coral DSP which has some linen ribbon wrapped around it.

  The seahorse is stamped in Crumb Cake, punched out with the wide oval punch and spritzed.  I used the new mini scallop circle punch and punched out 1 in Summer Starfruit.  I cut it in half and put one at the top and bottom of the oval.  2 silver mini brads finish off the accessories.  The seahorse is popped up with dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: By the Tide

Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, In Color Calypso Coral DSP

Accessories: Spritzer tool, oval punch, mini scallop circle punch, linen ribbon, mini brads, Simply Scored, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love those colors. Where did you get the linen ribbon? I noticed it on your other card too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!