Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Woody Christmas

  I'm actually ahead of schedule getting ready for my class tonight so I thought I would quickly get this card posted.  I have hardly used Watercolor Winter yet but after seeing some cool samples around blog land I thought my set should see some ink before Christmas was over!


  Once this one was complete I thought it was a good masculine card....maybe for a male teacher or for a gift card for a male relative?  The sentiment could even be changed up for a winter birthday card.  No ribbon and metal generally make it a guy card for me!  =)

  The base is Sahara Sand and I stamped the pine branches all around in Garden Green.  I then sponged around the edges with Sahara Sand.

  The image panel is Very Vanilla and I stamped the Christmas greeting from Delightful Dozen in Early Espresso.  For the pine branches I stamped off one time for each branch making the Garden Green a bit lighter for this panel.  I stamped off once as well for the pinecones using Early Espresso ink.  That gave me a lighter image to pair with the pinecone outline stamp which I stamped in Early Espresso at full strength right over the top of the original pinecones.

  The image panel is layered over another Sahara Sand panel that was embossed with the Houndstooth embossing folder and sponged.   This is backed by a panel of Garden Green.  I finished this card off with 2 metallic brads on the left side and popped it up with dimensionals.

  Reminder!  Tomorrow is the last day for the Online Extravaganza!  Have you gotten everything that you want?  Don't miss out on the super savings!  Check out my online store to start shopping!  For my local ladies; I'll be placing one last group order tomorrow morning so if you're not coming to class tonight but would still like to put in an order please e-mail it to me by tomorrow (Wed.) morning at 9am.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Watercolor Winter, Delightful Dozen

  Ink: Garden Green, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso

  Paper: Sahara Sand, Garden Green, Very Vanilla

  Accessories:  Houndstooth e.f., metallic brads, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!