Monday, November 12, 2012

Booster Club Thank You

  Once in a while I get to combine my stamping obsession with my everyday, ordinary duties as an at home mom.  At the end of the summer I volunteered to co-chair our preschool parent booster club.    We recently finished up our largest money making event of the year with a Holiday Stop & Shop and used book sale.  We had some great parent volunteers to pull it off so of course I had to make some thank you cards for those who showed up when they said they would and got the job done.  I'm a big believer in thank you cards....we all have people we need to thank for big and small things so don't wait....get that card stamped and in the mail!


   I needed to make about 20 cards so I wanted one that wasn't too time consuming.  I browsed the gallery over at Splitcoaststampers and saw this card by sf9erfan.  I loved that it used the sentiment as the main stamped image.  My card base is Crumb Cake and then I layered Rich Razzleberry with one of the bold patterns from the Floral District DSP.  I rounded the corners of those panels to soften the look a bit.

  I stamped the Seasonal Sayings thanks stamp which I got as a single stamp purchase as I didn't need the whole set at this time.  Great way to boost your sentiment choices without buying a whole set!  Next I made a fork bow out of retired Rich Razzleberry ribbon and wrapped it around the DSP panel above the sentiment.

  The little flowers are from Betsy's Blossoms set and are stamped with Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry ink and punched out.  I popped the large flower up on a dimensional and added a rhinestone to it and one of the small flowers.

  I've heard from a few parents that they really appreciated the cards so I know gestures of thanks are appreciated no matter how small!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Seasonal Sayings single stamp "thanks", Betsy's Blossoms

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Floral District DSP, Whisper White

Accessories: circle punches, satin ribbon (retired), rhinestones, corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!