Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Autumn Betsy's Blossoms

  The first day of school went great for both boys yesterday.  Ryan said his favorite part of school was recess and Alex said his favorite was snacktime!  Boys!  Now just to get into the routine of getting up early and getting everyone where they need to be on time!  I think I'm going to have to work on being disciplined this year with getting errands and housework done instead of heading right for the stamp room!  I better get a schedule going....any suggestions?  But this week I'm going to be lazy and stamp a lot as a reward to myself for making it through the summer!  Ha!

  I made this card yesterday because I needed to send a check to someone and I think those long, white business sized envelopes are so boring and impersonal so I wanted something pretty to send. 

 I liked the sketch so much for the brand new Fab Friday challenge  that I wanted to use it to make another card.  I love how just changing colors and stamp sets on the same sketch gives a whole different feel.  Here is the card that I made for my design team submission: Watercolor Sky.  Totally different isn't it?

  I got busy with my sponge daubers for this card.  For the flowers I used More Mustard, then daubed a ring of Cajun Craze and then a bit of Early Espresso in the centers.  I did that 3 times on Very Vanilla.

  Then I recreated the look of the flowers for the bird.  The bird was first stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and then cut out.  I cleaned my stamp and then inked it up again in More Mustard and daubed a bit of Cajun Craze and then cut out just wings and popped them up on the bird body with dimensionals.  

  I used the More Mustard pattern from the Autumn Harvest DSP and added a bit of Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, a small strip of Cajun Craze cut with the Tasteful Trim die and finally a Vintage Trinket brad to anchor it all down.  The bird is then popped up with dimensionals.

  We'd love to have you play along with us for this challenge at Fab Friday

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms

Ink: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso

Paper: Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Autumn Harvest DSP

Accessories: Tasteful Trim die, Vintage Trinket brad, Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, sponge daubers

2 comments:

  1. Bwahaha...I try SO hard to put my stamp room at the end of my chore list, but somehow, I'm always out here first thing every morning! Glad the boys enjoyed recess and snack time! Your card is beautiful! Great color scheme, and love the different layers and textures - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda!

    I so wish I had the option to running to the stamp room after dropping TJ off to school. I do, actually get to stamp for a little before heading to the shop. I just wish I could play all day!

    I love the fall colors for this. When I think of birds I think of spring and summer. Hmm, I could turn it into a fall set and I don't have many of those!

    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!