Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Snowman Catalog CASE

  Wow!  Where have I been right?  Did You Stamp Today? has been a wasteland for the last week!  I was away on vacation at the beach with our families.  I had fully intended to schedule some posts since I had plenty of projects to share but the time before vacation just got away from me so I thought I would post a few times while away....Nope!  It just didn't happen.  I had plenty of time and opportunity but my brain was on total vacation mode so anything besides food, drink and covering the boys in sunblock just didn't happen.  But thanks for checking back in with me! 

  My card today is one I made 10 of to go in my Christmas card stash.  I'm getting closer to my goal but need to get going or I'm going to run out of time!

    I didn't get to make any Christmas cards with the Snow Much Fun set last year since I didn't get it until after Christmas (I choose it as my free stamp set after winning a contest) so I wanted to make sure it got a little love this year.

  My inspiration for this card is a combination of the samples on page 14 of the catalog.  I liked the layout for the Greeting Card Kids sample and I like the embossed snowman and colors in the Snow Much Fun sample. 

  The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler, then a layer of Lucky Limeade.  Next I embossed a piece of Naturals White with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  Then I stamped the snowman in Versamark and embossed him with the awesome Pewter embossing powder.  It's a great in between color...not as shiny as silver and not as dark as black.

  I colored the snowman in with markers and then added the sponged sentiment banner at the top.  The final touches are the Glimmer Brad and Pool Party baker's twine. 

  I'm off to continue the great vacation clean up and try to get myself organized for my Craft & Chat session tonight!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snow Much Fun

Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobler (sponging) Markers- Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Naturals White

Accessories: Northern Flurry e.f., Pool Party Baker's twine, Glimmer Brad, Pewter e.p.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Went to a stampin' party last night... got me back into the groove. I've been gone all summer and haven't been able to check on my blogs, so I've missed you! Glad to be back. Love all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, my friend! And you made 10 of them? Woweee!!! You should be well on your way to Christmas cards being done :) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!