Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Baby Boy Turned 4 Yesterday!

Ack!  How did my youngest get to be 4 years old already??  We celebrated Alex's birthday yesterday starting before 6:30am which is early for the boys.  Alex said he couldn't sleep any longer since he was so excited for his birthday!  The kid has been telling people for 6 months that he's almost 4!  We had pancakes for breakfast, opened gifts and invited some friends to the park to have a birthday celebration. We took a break in the afternoon and just hung out with my parents and played with the new gifts.

 Birthday boy opening his gifts...love the jammies, party hat and lei don't you!?

4 years ago when Alex was brand new!  He still has the chubby cheeks!

  Here is the card that I made for him.  I know it's a super old set and I bought it ages ago after it was retired but the little vehicles in By Land still make me smile.  I Dig You is a current set that has a similar look if you wanted to make a vehicle card.

  The layout is from the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge from last week.  I used the Color Coach to get a nice fun boy color combination to use.

  The base is Tempting Turquoise embossed with the Striped embossing folder.  The little banner is from the Summer Smooches DSP pack.  I colored the car with my markers and then stamped onto Whisper White.  I added Old Olive brads to the wheels.

  The sentiment is from Up, Up and Away and is stamped in black and punched out.  I added a Tempting Turquoise button tied with baker's twine.

  A sweet card for my sweet (not so) baby boy!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: By Land (retired), Up, Up and Away

Ink: Black, Tangerine Tango - markers

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP

Accessories: Stripes e.f., brads, button, baker's twine, circle punches

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Alex! Looks like your party was a lot of fun! Amanda, thanks for sharing the photos...it's fun to see your boys :) Love the card - I can't imagine them retiring this set - it's been so popular! No stamping today here...have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!