Monday, July 23, 2012

Halloween Spiders



  I know we're still sweating through summer and Halloween seems far off into the future but I just had to make this card yesterday.  I got a little inspiration after seeing the challenge over at the Paper Players this week.  It's a sketch with soooo many possibilities and I wanted to use one of my new sets from the Holiday catalog pre-order (awesome perk of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator....ordering early!!).


 


  I embossed the spiders on Tangerine Tango cardstock with black embossing powder and then added some webs with white baker's twine so they look as if they are dropping down the card.  I also used some baker's twine wrapped around the new (!) Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP to make more webs in the background.

  

  Next, I embossed the sentiment in black and punched it out with the oval punch and then layered it with a scalloped oval punch.  I put it all together with 3 black Glimmer brads and popped up the embossed panels.  Once I made the card I was going to add some of the new Googlie eyes to the spiders but realized that I forgot to order them!  They are on the list for my next order that's for sure!

  Go ahead and see what you can come up with for this cool sketch challenge!

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Googly Ghouls

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Basic Gray, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango

Accessories: Black embossing powder, Glimmer brads, baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. So cute and clever! I'm ready for that cooler Halloween weather, no lie. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!