Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Painted Tools

  All right, so I know this set is retired as off June 1 but we used it last week at stamp club so we could say good-bye to some old favorites.  And I thought you all might want to see it anyway!

  I think this is a cool color combination as well...More Mustard, Early Espresso & Pool Party.  Nice and masculine!

  The base is More Mustard and then a panel of Early Espresso.  The Early Espresso is run through the Big Shot with the Stripes embossing folder and accented with silver brads in the corners.  There is also a length of "man ribbon" a.k.a Baker's Twine wrapped around that panel as well.

  Now for the fun part!  The tools were all stamped in Early Espresso and then punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  Then they were colored a little with markers.  The "metal" parts of the tools were painted with the Silver Shimmer Paint and a fine tipped paint brush.

  Neat huh?  I've used Shimmer Paint mostly to make Shimmer Mist so it was fun to actually use it as paint.  It really gives the tool panels some pop.

  I hope to get some time in the stamp room (I know I keep saying that) but with preschool finished for the summer there isn't a lot of peace at my house these days.  I imagine the peace will be even more elusive when #1 is out of school as well.  Please bear with me as I try to get into some kind of summer stamping schedule!

  I have the new 2012-2012 Stampin' Up! catalog available for pick up for my local ladies!  Just let me know when you'll be by.  I also have the link to the catalog PDF on my sidebar ------> if you'd like to download it.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

 Stamps: Totally Tool (retired)

 Ink: Early Espresso, Pool Party & More Mustard markers

 Paper: More Mustard, Early Espresso, Pool Party

 Accessories: Stripes e.f., Pool Party Baker's Twine, circle punches, Silver Shimmer Paint, silver brads

1 comment:

  1. Cuteness! What a great idea, and I love the shimmer paint! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!