Monday, June 11, 2012

Bright Boy Birthday

  I am trying to catch up on cards that need to be made by the end of this week.  I hope I can make it!  Nothing like a little pressure right?  =)

  This card is for a little boy who turned 4 back in March (I know super late right!??) but we'll be seeing him next week and I wanted to make sure I had his birthday card all made.  In my defense I bought a gift for him in plenty of time for his birthday I just never got it in the mail....best intentions huh?

  I love Dinoroar and I'm so glad these little guys made it back for the new catalog. 

 I used the colors at ColourQ this week; Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo.  The layout is a very loose interpretation of last week's Mojo Monday sketch.  I just couldn't get a square to look right behind the T. Rex panel so I just did another circle peeking out instead.

  The base is Island Indigo with a layer of Whisper White on top.  Then I cut a few strips from the retired Big Top Birthday DSP to make my banners.  I wrapped some Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine around the card and added a printed In Color brad.

  The T. Rex is stamped in Stazon onto a Whisper White circle.  I colored him in with Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo ink and a blender pen.  I cut a second circle out of Island Indigo and put it behind the dinosaur panel.  I added some brads on the right side of the circle because that bit of empty space was kind of bothering me.  And since I can't seem to make a card without dimensionals the dino panel is popped up.

  The final touch is the "happy birthday" from Up, Up and Away stamped in Stazon.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dinoroar, Up, Up and Away

Ink: Stazon, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo

Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Big Top Birthday DSP (retired)


Accessories: Brads, Circles #2 die, Printed brad, Baker's Twine, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card!! I love your banner strips, and the bright colors. This is sure to brighten some you man's birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...I buy things that never get mailed too! What a cute card. The little guy will be happy to get it! How much fun getting a card and present when it's no longer your birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!