Friday, March 2, 2012

Sweet Gnome Invitation

Wow!  Have I been slacking on the blog posts lately or what??  The last week and half have been super busy with stamp-a-stack, Creative Crew projects, sick kids and all the regular day to day stuff in there too.  Blog posting just kind of fell by the wayside!  I do have lots of projects to share and I hope things have calmed down enough for me to have time to begin sharing them on a somewhat more regular schedule.

  I made this card back at the end of January to invite people to my Stampin' Up! Open House in the beginning of February.  I was happy with the turn out and I think several of the attendees might have caught the stamping bug!  It's so fun to watch new stampers eyes light up when they see all the possibilities of ink and paper!

 I made about 10 of these invitation so I was keeping them fairly simple.  The gnome (love him!) and frog are stamped in Stazon and then colored with inkpads and blender pen.  I punched them out with the scallop circle punch and then paper pierced each scallop.  Some people aren't loving the Gnome Sweet Gnome set but I think it's cute and it's fun to watercolor or paper piece.  It's in the Occasions Mini so don't miss out if you love gnomes too!

  The card base is Pacific Point which I don't use nearly enough!  I layered a piece of Whisper White that was embossed using the Stripes embossing folder (this folder is a Sale-a-Bration choice until March 31).  I tied a length of Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta ribbon around a strip of Lucky Limeade DSP and added that to the card front. 

  I popped the gnome panel up with dimensionals and added a little flower to the gnomes hand made from the Itty Bitty flower punch and the Lucky Limeade center was punched with the owl punch.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Gnome Sweet Gnome

Ink: Stazon, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade


Paper: Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade DSP

Accessories: scallop circle punch, paper piercer, dimensionals, blender pen, Itty Bitty punch pack, Owl punch, Stripes embossing folder, Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Cute as can be! Simple is best when making 10 at a time. Thanks for sharing, and so happy to hear you are okay. I was thinking about you and missing you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!