Monday, February 6, 2012

Apothecary Birthday

  So were you cheering for the Giants or Patriots?  We didn't really care either way but it certainly was a good game all the way til the very end.  I'd rather see a close game in the Super Bowl than a complete blow out.  But it was fun watching the game with our neighbors and the kids had fun playing together.  So a success as far as we're concerned.

  Today I'm showing one of the cards we made at club last week.  I wanted to make sure my ladies got to see the new Framelits in action.  I paired the Labels Framelits with the Twitterpated DSP and Apothecary Art stamp set.

 Now that I'm looking at my photo it seems that I adhered it slightly crooked!  Oh well...I still think it's a pretty card.

  The base is Island Indigo and then a layer of Twitterpated DSP.  I love this floral pattern!  Then we tied a length of Whisper White organza ribbon around the card front. 

  To make the focal panel the image was stamped in Island Indigo and then we used the coordinating Label Framelit to cut it out.  Next, using the same piece of card stock we used the next largest Label Framelit and cut a narrow border around the opening left from the image.  The narrow frame is adhered directly onto the card front and then the image panel is adhered on top of it using dimensionals.

  The leaves are colored with the Pear Pizzazz marker (some of my ladies went all out with their coloring and that looked great too!).  We used some scraps to stamp the sentiment and then snipped it into a banner.  I find this the easiest way even though you could stamp directly onto the frame.  To finish this one off the ladies choose one of the Antique brads to add to the left side of the sentiment. These brads are awesome an their style goes perfectly with the Apothecary Art stamp set.

  Don't forget to enter my 3 Year Demonstrator Anniversary giveaway.  See this post from last week for all the details!

  Off to get #2 ready for school!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Apothecary Art


Ink: Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz- marker

Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP


Accessories: Labels Framelits, Antique Brads, Organza ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Amanda - the colors are gorgeous, and the layout is perfect! We did get home in time yesterday to see the Super Bowl - great game! Have a good day, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,

    I'm sorry I haven't commented busy! It has been crazy with the new kitten, building an addition. . .life. .

    I LOVE this card! I'm so into monochromatic. Very nice! Thanks for sharing and not giving up on me!

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!