Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving Bird

  Good morning!  It's a dreary rainy day in Richmond but it's a Wednesday and that means school for both boys and that means some stamping time this morning after a few errands!!!  Yay!  I'm in the middle of designing the third project for my stamp club this month and hope to finish that up and then begin working on some other projects to show you.

   I can't decide if I really like today's card or not...it was a combination of a sketch challenge and a color challenge.  The Tempting Turquoise was really throwing me off.  It somehow just seems too bright to use with Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze.  Overall I like the design, maybe I just need to re-work this one with different colors.

  The base of the card is Crumb Cake.  I stamped the large medallion from Day of Gratitude in Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla and sponged the edges.  I layered that piece on a slightly larger piece of Cajun Craze.  The bird is punched out of textured Cajun Craze (and that reminds me that I need to order way more of the textured cardstock...it's perfect for adding a subtle touch).  I punched a second wing out of Tempting Turquoise to layer behind the Cajun Craze one and then popped them up on dimensionals of course!

  For the sentiment panel I used Cajun Craze ink and then punched it out with the Decorative Label punch.  I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  I punched a second Decorative Label out of Tempting Turquoise and used just the ends behind the sentiment kind of like parentheses.

  Underneath the sentiment is a length of Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon tied in a knot and finished off with one of the awesome Vintage Brads. 

  Better finish up before Alex needs to be woken up for school.  I swear, on days he doesn't have to be up he wakes up at 6:30 with Ryan and on his school days I have to go wake him.  I'm not looking forward to those teenaged years. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Day of Gratitude


Ink: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze


Paper: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze (textured & regular), Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla


Accessories: XL Bird Punch, Decorative Label punch, Vintage Brad, Seam binding ribbon

4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card! I really like the Tempting Turquoise- it adds a lot of POP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is just gorgeous! Love the softness of the doiles, with the colorful bird. Wow - what a show stopper! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty. I like the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Amanda! I love the color combo and the detail with the birds wing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!