Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You for Your Service

  Happy Veterans Day!  Thank you to all the men and women who have served our country in the military and who are currently serving.  My family and I appreciate all the sacrifices you have made in protecting the freedoms that we take for granted and keeping us safe. 

   I made this card to send to my dad who was in the Marines.  I made a second one to send to my grandparents.  My grandfather who was in the Navy during World War II and my grandmother was in the U.S.O. at the same time. 



   I bought this Land of the Free single stamp last summer from the Summer Mini catalog and I never had the chance to use it for 4th of July.  It's the perfect stamp for the patriotic holidays.  I love that it has the lyrics to the National Anthem and is simple and classic.  So even though it's retired I think I'll hang onto this one!

  The card base is Naturals White.  I punched out a lot of little stars (sorry this punch is retired too!) out of Crumb Cake and then I glued them down onto another piece of Crumb Cake for a tone on tone background look.  I mounted that to a slightly larger piece of Cherry Cobbler. 

  I used a length of Night of Navy satin ribbon to go around the star panel.  The flag is stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White and sponged a bit around the edges.  I stamped the flag again in Versamark on Night of Navy and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I just cut out the field of stars and adhered it to the flag.  The flag is then popped up on dimensionals.

  Remember to thank a veteran today if you see one out and about!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Land of the Free

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark


Paper: Naturals White, Cherry Cobber, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake


Accessories: small star punch, white embossing powder, satin ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Very fitting for today. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! I almost bought the flag stamp, now I'm sorry I didn't, lol! I'm sure your family members all loved receiving this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!