Monday, October 10, 2011

Explosion Purse Hostess Gift

  I need to get back into the stamp room to create some new projects!  I'm running low on things to post.  Uh-oh!  I don't want you all to leave me!  Here is a cute little purse box that I made for my stamp club hostesses in September.  I filled them with some embellishments and ribbon for them to use on their own projects.  They were a huge hit at stamp club and everyone wanted to make sure I posted this project so they could make the purses on their own. 

  Fellow demonstrator Brenda Quintana (Qbee's Quest) is super generous with sharing her projects and regularly posts awesome tutorials for 3D items like boxes, bags and treat holders.  I saw this Explosion Box Purse tutorial that she shared and thought it would be a fun project to try with my new Simply Scored.  I did all the straight line scoring with the SS and then for the diagonal lines I just used a ruler and my bone folder.  Check out the tutorial link for all the details on how to make one. 


  What's so great about this box besides being so easy to make is that it is quite a bit larger than a lot of other boxes out there so you can fit a good sized gift or treat.  Brenda's original is so cute I just did the same kind of topper and "clasp".

  My base is Melon Mambo. The topper is a Top Note cut from the Letters to Santa DSP layered onto a Chocolate Chip Top Note base for sturdiness.  I made the "clasp" by punching a 1 3/8" Old Olive circle and then topping it with a Melon Mambo flower stamped from the Baroque Motifs sets.  In the center I used a Vintage Brad and the little loop is Chocolate Chip satin ribbon.  The same satin ribbon is for the handle too.  I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes for the handles and just threaded and knotted the ends on the inside.  To keep the whole shebang closed I added a small square of self-adhesive velcro under the flap. 

  Here's a side view!


  Thanks to Brenda for sharing this great box! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Baroque Motifs

Ink: Melon Mambo


Paper: 12x12 Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Old Olive, Letters to Santa DSP


Accessories: Simply Scored, circle punches, satin ribbon, Vintage Brad, velcro (non-SU)

5 comments:

  1. What a fun purse, Amanda! I bet the ladies were tickled to get them! I hope that Brenda is okay, haven't seen anything on her blog for a bit... Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Amanda! It looks like it will hold a lot of chocolate :-) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I've got to try and make some for my Bible Study ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!